Microsoft Teams Live Events – now available at LIPA
Looking to host an online event for your colleagues, students and members of the public?
Microsoft Teams Live Events is a the answer. Allowing users to host live events to large online audiences, Microsoft Teams Live Events gives you more control over video, and audience interaction, plus you get real time usage analytics.
Teams live events is an extension of Teams meetings, enabling you to produce events for large online audiences with more control over video, audience interaction, and reporting.Microsoft
These Live Events are meant for one-to-many communications where the host of the event is leading the interactions and audience participation is primarily to view the content shared by host.
Benefits of using Microsoft Teams Live Events
- Easy to schedule using the Teams calendar.
- Broadcast video and meeting content to large online audiences.
- Invite viewers from outside your organisation via a link.
- Anyone can attend a live event (no license is required).
- Multiple roles (organizer, producer, presenter, and attendee) available to successfully broadcast and participate in an event.
- A spectrum of production scenarios supported, including an event produced in Teams using a webcam or an event produced in an external app or device.
- Real time usage analytics for live events available in the Microsoft Teams admin center.
Microsoft Teams Live Event Capability
Maximum audience size: 10,000 (increased to 20,000 until 1st July 2020)
Maximum duration of live event: 4 hours
Maximum number of presenters and producers in a live event: 10
Maximum number of concurrent live events per Office 365 organization: 15
To learn more about Microsoft Teams please take a look at the guidance articles here.
Guidance adapted from Microsoft. Original article can be found here.
Last updated: 15/5/2020