Microsoft Teams is coming to LIPA
Microsoft Teams has been around for a while and has been a well recognised tool in Higher Education.
We are delighted to announce that we are launching Microsoft Teams at LIPA to allow staff and students to collaborate and meet online.
What is Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is part of Office 365 package, which is available to all staff and students at LIPA. It is a collaboration tool that is used for sharing documents and having conversations. Have a look at the short video below summarising Microsoft Teams:
Many institutions across the world are using MS Teams to ensure continuity of teaching due to its powerful collaborative features. Using MS Teams staff and students are able to hold group discussions, schedule webinars, one to one tutorials and catch up with their peers via instant meetings using Meet Now.
Why use it
- Available to all LIPA students and staff, free of charge
- Works well on any device (has a great mobile app)
- Integrated with other LIPA systems
- Secure and stable
- Connected – your colleagues are already available to be contacted in respective teams
- Organised – teams can have separate channels (which can be used for collaborating on different project)
In summary, where possible, we would like to encourage all LIPA staff and students to use Microsoft Teams for online meetings and webinars – it’s powerful, it’s secure, it’s free and it works.
Last updated 3/4/2020