Moodle tricks (staff) – how to use Labels to organise contents of your Moodle topics
Do you have a lot of content in Moodle? Is it starting to look like a list? To make it easier for users to navigate content, consider using Labels – these will help you break down lists into sections (see examples below for Before and After)
How to add a new label
- First, make sure you have enabled editing in Moodle by selecting ‘Turn editing on’ on the top right corner of the page.
- Navigate to the content area where you want to add a new label. Select ‘+ Add an activity or resource‘
- Choose ‘Label’ from the list (you may need to scroll down – see Fig. 1 below).
- In the ‘Adding a new Label’ window that opens type in text for your label. You can use ‘Paragraph style’ settings to change size and emphasis. In our example we used heading (medium) to make our labels look like headings in the list (see Fig. 2)
- Click ‘Save and return to course’ when finished.
- Drag and drop the label to the appropriate area within the list on the main course page.
Last reviewed: 29/11/2019